The organisers of the inaugural Scottish Whisky Awards have announced their first shortlist, with several of our brands featuring across the categories.
The independent awards have been created to celebrate the business of whisky distilling in Scotland and are judged by a panel of esteemed experts from the sector. Split into two areas - business awards and a blind taste test competition - the Scottish Whisky Awards recognise the great achievements in the production of one of Scotland's best loved products.
We are thrilled to see our brands shortlisted in a range of categories:
- Blended whisky up to 12 year old - The Famous Grouse Smoky Black
- Single Malt 21 year and over - Auchentoshan 2000
- Single Malt 17 to 20 year old - Highland Park Viking Pride 18 year old
- Single Malt 13 to 16 year old - Bowmore 15 year old and Highland Park Twisted Tattoo 16 year old
- Single Malt 12 year old - Highland Park 12 year old
- Single Malt under 12 year old - Laphroaig 10 year old
- Single Malt, no age statement - Highland Park Dragon Legend
- Distillery of the Year - Highland Park
- Experience of the Year - The Macallan Distillery and Visitor Experience
- Excellence in Branding - Highland Park Viking Legends series
The winners will be revealed at the awards ceremony on Thursday 5th September at the Sheraton Grand Hotel, Edinburgh.
For more information visit https://www.scottishwhiskyawards.org.uk/swa